The College Inn
The College Inn is located just across the street from the University of Washington campus and is a short distance, via several bus lines, from the Convention Center, Capitol Hill, Fred Hutchinson, Children's Hospital, Pioneer Square, Safeco Field, Pike Place Market, and the Seattle Center. Numerous shops, restaurants, and the University Village shopping center are blocks away.
Our historic building is a complex that includes our Hotel, the Banana Leaf Cafe, the College Inn Pub, the Easy Shoppe convenience store, and the Bean and Bagel coffee and lunch stand.
Our rooms range from a small twin to two queens with a view of Lake Union and downtown Seattle.
A European-Style Hotel
Built for the 1909 Alaska-Yukon Exposition, the College Inn offers old-world charm and hospitality amid the urban conveniences of Seattle's University District. This historic landmark houses 27 guest rooms, each with its own washbasin, mirror, and eclectic decor. A generous continental breakfast is served in our 4th floor lounge, where you'll find a relaxing place to read, sip hot chocolate, and visit with fellow travelers. Our staff will be happy to talk to you about how to get around the city, places to eat, etc.
- Take Seattle’s new Link Light Rail service ($2.50 fare) directly from Sea-Tac Airport to downtown Seattle (roughly a 30 minute trip.) From the train station downtown, you can get right on Seattle Metro Transit bus #70, 71, 72, or 73 to the University District. Get off the bus at Campus Parkway and University Way NE… the College Inn Hotel is one block south of the bus stop. Total time: about 50 minutes.
- Gray Line Airporter to the Westin Hotel. Fare: $7.00 one way. Then metro bus $1.50 ($1.75 during peak times), or cab ($15.00 approximately).
- Shuttle Express Fare: $37 one way (credit cards accepted) to our door. Total time: about 30 minutes. 24-hours notice for return to airport. 1-800-487-RIDE
- Cab Fare: $35 to $45. Total time: about 30 minutes.
By car via I-5
- From the south, not on the express lanes: take the 45th Street exit (first exit north of the ship canal bridge) and turn right on 45th. Go about one half mile to 15th Ave. (one block after University Way) and turn right. Go south on 15th to 40th. Turn right on 40th. Our front door is located at the end of that block, between the Cafe Allegro and the Easy Shoppe.
- From the north, not on the express lanes: take the 45th Street exit (last exit before the ship canal bridge) and turn left on 45th. Same instructions as above.
The College Inn does not have a parking lot.
- Limited free parking is available.
- Parking meters: free overnight from 8pm - 8am, Sundays and holidays. They take coins, Mastercard, or Visa.
- City parking laws are in affect 8am - 8pm Mon-Sat.
- Commercial parking lots within a few blocks, along University Way (no in-and-out privileges).
- The University of Washington underground parking garage two blocks away. Day only: $8/Day, no in-and-out privileges. (Students fill it up pretty early.)
- Saturday and Sunday free parking one-half block away on a space-available basis.
- Free street parking can be found about 5 blocks away.
We offer low rates, a continental breakfast, and discounts for extended stays. Our rooms range from modest singles to rooms with two queen size beds.
Our historic building is located in the heart of the U-district and is just minutes from downtown, University Hospital and Fred Hutchinson via major bus lines. You will find an unusually friendly, relaxed and helpful staff in a charming European atmosphere.
A Comfortable Place with Comfortable Rates!
|Room Type||Nov - May / June - Oct|
|Single Room (one twin bed)||$60 / $75|
|Standard Room (one queen bed)||$75 / $85|
|Standard Room (two twin beds)||$80 / $95|
|Large Room (one queen bed)||$85 / $100|
|Large Room (two queen beds)||$90 / $105|
|* all prices are + tax
* each additional person: $10 + tax
- All rates are per night, single occupancy, and subject to applicable taxes. Each additional person is $10. Note: We are a small historical hotel & our applicable taxes are considerably lower than most hotels.
- Each room is equipped with a telephone and sink. Separate men's and women's bathroom and showers on each floor.
- In our fourth floor lounge you will find the office, sitting room, and breakfast area.
- A high speed internet room is available to guests.
- Due to the building's age there are no elevators or wheelchair access.
- The College Inn Hotel is non-smoking.
Please call, write or e-mail for more information:
4000 University Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105
*Rates subject to change without notice. Visa and MasterCard accepted.
No pets please.